ABOUT THE TEAM
The PRE-OWNED team is part of the "Recommerce" unit in DX. We are Zalando's circularity and fashion recommerce team. We enable everyone to fulfill their desire to refresh their wardrobes in a more sustainable way – by providing fresh, quality assortment and an unmatched level of convenience. Concretely, we provide customers with the opportunity to trade in their lightly worn items, and buy pre-owned fashion. We define "pre-owned" as second-hand-fashion items from popular ("highstreet") brands that are in like-new condition, which we present in a high-standard environment.
We are at an early stage of the business: In end of 2020 we integrated into the Zalando Fashion Store, launching the PRE-OWNED category. This is the first launch of a new category in the Fashion Store since 2018. The category is currently live in most of Zalando markets (DE, FR, ES, NL, PL, BE, IT, FI, SE, DK, CZ, IE, AT) and more markets will follow soon. PRE-OWNED is a strategically relevant topic for Zalando, contributing to our customer promises, our strategy of becoming the starting point for fashion and the circularity goals in our sustainability strategy (do. More).
In addition, the recommerce propositions are available on the Zalando Zircle App and the Zalando Zircle Webshops. Looking ahead, we believe in building a proposition that is also available offline.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Develop an in-depth analytical understanding of what drives PRE-OWNED customers on the buying (PRE-OWNED category) and 'selling' (Trade-in) side
- Providing clarity on big strategic topics by translating them into research questions and data collection / tracking concepts
- Advising in the set-up of A/B Tests for new features and business opportunities, analysing and deep-diving into the results to give recommendations
- Challenge and contribute to product decisions based on your insights and (analytical) evidence - from discovery to roll-out
- Independently explore data to uncover blind spots and find new opportunities
- Define the key performance metrics for the teams to judge and monitor product performance
PERKS AT WORK
- 3+ years of prior Experience in a data-intensive analytics role such as in Digital Analytics or Product Analytics, preferably in e-commerce
- Proven track record in independently translating data insights findings into recommendations
- Strong experience with Google Analytics, independently driving analytical projects from tracking definition and implementation to analysis of onsite user behavior
- Expertise in independently setting up data pipelines and dashboards
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing best practices and/or quasi-experimental analysis methodologies with ability to lead these experiments with support of product management
- Deep knowledge of SQL, preferably using Google Analytics data in BigQuery
- Experience with advanced analytics and statistical software languages (R or Python)
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to engage and collaborate with your team and stakeholders
- Efficient project management skills and ability to successful balance diverse stakeholder groups independently
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- A clear purpose for your work: Be part of an entrepreneurial team that makes PRE-OWNED shopping as convenient as buying new items on Zalando, making fashion more sustainable
- Ownership: In this role you have a direct impact on shaping the PRE-OWNED experiences on the Zalando website / in the Zalando app
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 31 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.