As Senior Business Development Manager
, you seize growth opportunities for Fashion Brands in the Men's Category by strategically estimating market opportunities, setting up and managing cross-functional projects, exploring innovative solutions and optimizing business processes. You are responsible for actively driving the development of our Men Category strategy and spot opportunities to address customer and business needs, especially towards commercial growth opportunities.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You put yourself in our customers' shoes, conduct customer and market research, explore market potentials and define growth initiatives that contribute to the success of the Men category across several markets
- You contribute to strategic papers and presentations for senior management, and feel confident to present solutions to senior stakeholders
- You take ownership and drive cross-functional projects (especially commercial and customer-facing projects) – from project scope and target definition, project planning and management of work streams and stakeholders, to implementation and retrospective. You oversee & manage the progress of all your projects in a structured way, present to various stakeholders and solve newly arising problems on-the-go
- You keep it simple and approach problems and opportunities with a logical and pragmatic mindset and evaluate potential against costs to develop a clear rationale for decision making and convincing on-point documents
- You work closely and build up relations with stakeholders across the company and our business partners on the supply side. You confidently and professionally present the business opportunity and collaborate with empathy to achieve the targets; communicate transparently and share findings and decisions to exploit synergies and drive growth across categories
PERKS AT WORK
- Degree in business studies and 5+ years of solid work experience in business development, management consulting or other analytical / commercial development positions in the fashion industry with a proven track record
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects and multiple internal and external stakeholders. Entrepreneurial mindset with strong perseverance - you take ownership, work in a structured & independent manner and do not lose sight of your goals within complex topics
- Logical thinking and strong analytical skills, confident in working with numbers and data sets, capable of creating business cases and applying a customer centric mindset
- Excellent use of Google applications (mainly Google docs, sheets & slides). Ideally, experience with Microstrategy or similar BI-systems
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English, ability to efficiently deal with various stakeholders and senior management and maintaining good relationships within the company
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 23 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 42 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.