As a Data Engineer you will contribute to the team's transition from a relational DBMS-based data pipeline to an approach built on Databricks / Spark.
You will collaborate with a cross functional team both in the maintenance of existing and in the creation of new reporting products that create value for our business.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Designing, developing and operating data integration pipelines to provide high quality datasets for analytical and machine learning use-cases
- Collaborating on the transition of the existing data pipeline logic to a modern technology stack running on AWS
- Reviewing the team's code, based on best practices / design principles, and participate in delivering the best solutions with high-quality technical documentation
PERKS AT WORK
- Knowledge in SQL, ETL design, and data modelling techniques for Business Intelligence systems (experience of 3+ years)
- Good knowledge in relational DBMSs (Oracle or Exasol preferred)
- Hands-on experience in data processing using Databricks / Spark (or similar, such as Jupyter notebooks)
- An analytical mindset and solid coding skills in Python
- Experience in orchestration tools (Airflow would be a plus)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Within Zalando Commercial Planning & Trading (CP&T) and across its borders, you work with many autonomous teams that live up to the standards of software craft, ownership and excellence. Along with our code of ethics and guiding set of organizing principles we entrust you and your team to shape the future of Zalando.