Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Are you interested in developing high-quality, critical content that makes a difference to users and contributes to their success? Do you enjoy a fast pace and short deadlines? Are you able to translate technical jargon into clear, easy-to-understand language? Are you a natural puzzle-solver and quick to learn new things? Come talk to us about an opportunity to work with the Release Notes team at Workday, Inc., providing the next generation of enterprise business applications.
The ideal candidate is an outstanding writer who enjoys distilling large amounts of unstructured, occasionally chaotic source material into concise, elegant, functional explanations of software changes and enhancements.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Work closely with fellow writers, development, customer support, product management, and various other teams to develop high-quality documentation for a targeted audience.
- Draft, edit, and publish content for What's New release notes on a weekly basis.
- Maintain content for multiple products simultaneously, learn the Workday products, and work as an integral part of the Release Notes team.
- Prepare content for online delivery.
- BA or BS in English, Technical Writing or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, flexibility, the ability to manage priorities, familiarity with agile software development life cycle, and the ability to interact with all levels within the development organization.
- Must be able to deliver on weekly deadlines.
- Must be able to quickly distill information and present it in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity with producing release notes or business software documentation.
- Ability to work effectively in a start-up environment, where tools, processes, and deliverables are not always predefined.
- Familiarity with XML authoring tools.
- Familiarity with DITA or other topic-based writing methodology a plus.