Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Support Manager, Applications – Human Capital Management
Workday’s customer base continues to grow as does the need for continued and excellent customer support. Our Customer Support Manager will manage a team of support analysts to solve problems identified by customers who are implementing Workday and those using Workday in production. Scaling the support processes in strategic ways as the company grows will be a critical component of this manager’s job.
- Manage a Workday Applications Support team, specializing in the Core Human Capital Management product - hiring and retaining the best software support people now and planning for future business needs.
- Assign incoming cases to team, ensuring the resources assigned have the correct skill set and bandwidth to resolve the issue based on case depth and severity.
- Resolve customer issues, implementing and meeting Service Level Agreements and improving our current processes.
- Act as the escalation manager when customer issues severely impact a customer, driving problems to resolution and managing the communications within Workday and with the client.
- Actively monitor triggers for possible escalating situations in order to prevent potential escalations.
- Build relationships with customers, especially key or strategic customers.
- Collaborate with internal teams (Development, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Services) on trending customer issues and ensuring external communications are accurate and clear.
- Develop employee training requirements to ensure staff is highly proficient with Workday services and internal processes.
- Ensure quality of case handling, paying particular attention to communications, timely responses and specific care for sensitive customers.
- Participate in and help schedule 24X7 on call coverage.
- Assess and drive metrics for managed support areas, analyzing the data for improvement ideas.
- Prepare team and systems for new Workday software releases.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Uphold Workday’s policies for data security and customer data access.
- 5+ years managing a department in a software company.
- 8+ years of experience in a customer services role (consulting, services, support).
- 5+ years of experience with HCM, Talent, Payroll, Benefits, Absence or Compensation applications.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers.
- Proven ability to engage across corporate functions (Services, Product Management, Development, QA, Operations).
- Ability to generate a sense of urgency and rally appropriate resources.
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, multi-tasking, analytical and collaboration skills.
- Able to deal with the stress related to escalation impact and resolution timeframes and conflicting/competing priorities.
- Ability to provide high quality verbal and written communication.
- Well developed listening and documentation skills.
- High level of initiative and integrity.
- Strong organizational, presentation, meeting, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and lead a team to success.
- Bachelor degree or relevant experience required. Business or technical degree preferred.