Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Strategic Engagement Partner - Products
At Workday we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. The Strategic Engagement Partner works within our Office of the CHRO Products Pillar along with a small team of highly focused Product Specialists who engage our largest and most strategic customers through their deployments and lifecycle with Workday. This role requires in-depth experience with Workday Payroll gained through experience via consulting services, product management or potentially a customer.
Workforce & Pay Strategic Engagement Partner: Works with 10-15 key customers in varying levels of customer lifecycle. Strong integration with Sales, Services, and Product Management to ensure customer success and customer references. This role is strongly focused on US Payroll for Workday’s strategic customers base.
Drive customer success through the Case for Change Stage: Sales
Drive customer success through Customer Value Realization Stage: Initial Implementation
- Work with Account Executives and WFM Executive Leadership to transition strategic customers from sales to Value Realization.
- Understand solutions discussed and demonstrated during the sales cycle so PM and Services are aware of requirements and customer expectations.
- Drive delivery of customer product commitments (if applicable).
Drive customer success through Customer Value Optimization Stage: Life in Production
- Empower customers with knowledge of Workday’s roadmap and product vision during implementations to make informed short- and long-term decisions that maximize their investment in Workday.
- Foster/Encourage intelligent performance driven decisions during initial implementation leading to easier and smarter uptake of future functionality.
- Challenge existing customer frameworks to push adoption of delivered Workday solutions.
- Partner with service Implementers to guide customers to solutions that increase Workday ROI and best position the customer and Workday for success in production. Provide guidance when best practices/methodologies aren’t being applied.
- Help customers understand and prioritize where they need to invest in initial go live solutions where a business need is not being directly met with existing Workday functionality.
- Allow the Managing Partner to focus on areas of customers' relationships outside product management.
Ensure Customer Success and References with close interlock between Product Management, Services, and Sales
- Track ongoing production issues/key dates for strategic customers to drive successful customer outcomes.
- Phase X deployments and go lives.
- Communication with Production Readiness/attendance at Performance Task Force to drive ongoing customer success.
- Drive a strong ongoing partnership with Workday Product Management
- Direct customer access to Workday Product Management to drive Workday’s roadmap and future strategy together.
- Priority involvement with Design Partner Groups as applicable to provide hands on guidance and feedback to Workday.
- Biannual roadmap reviews for strategic customer audience in line with release cycle. Leverage input and experience from strategic customers to improve Workday’s product offerings.
- Regular Product Management connections during key Workday touchpoints (e.g. Rising, Design Partner Groups).
Team Member Description
- Protect Product Management. Be the first line of communication with strategic customers around the product roadmap.
- Triage product escalations from strategic customers and route them as needed. Manage executive communication internally and externally.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
- 5+ years direct experience with at least one but preferably multiple WFM product areas (Payroll, Time Tracking and/or Absence) in a Services, Solution Consultant, or Product Management role. Comfortable speaking as a subject matter expert in one of these areas.
- Experience with the Workday Methodology including an understanding of the Workday Delivery Assurance and Performance Testing Methodologies.
- Excellent communications and influencing skills across all levels of a large organization, as well as with external partners and stakeholders.
- Established history of successfully managing customer escalations and critical incidents.
- Ability to manage / prioritize multiple customer demands balancing customer satisfaction with revenue and profitability targets.
- Leadership abilities to motivate and manage a matrixed team of individuals at multiple levels within an organization, both internally/externally.
- Team player who will work across the organization and company to continue improving the way we serve our customers
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and driving solutions and clarity and ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Excellent communication, management, negotiation and organization skills.
- Ability to travel up to 35%.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.