Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
The Workday Adaptive Planning CSM team is driven by an excitement for our products and a desire to help our customers have an outstanding experience with our cloud solutions. We’re a group of hard-working professionals, with a diverse mix of experience and backgrounds, located across the United States, EMEA and APAC. Our team promotes Workday’s core values with a strong commitment to our employees being the first of them. How important are these benefits to you?
1. A flexible work schedule
2. Dedication to your career happiness and development
3. Work-life balance and well-being
4. An active commitment to inclusion, belonging and equity
About the Role
The Customer Success Manager acts as a trusted advisor for a variety of customers who represent various industries. You will support them on their Workday journey to increase user adoption and ensure a positive renewal outcome.
What you'll be doing
Expected results within 6-12 months:
- Establish a partnering relationship across the customer's organization, from Executive Sponsors to day-to-day contacts.
- Facilitate adoption of our Planning solution through discussions about the company's business goals and objectives.
- Be aware of changes within the customer organization to proactively address any challenges that might impact the use of our solution.
- Document customer use cases and develop success plans that will help customers increase the value of their investment.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and our product development team, including presenting the Workday innovation roadmap and how the roadmap will benefit the customer.
- Engage customers for marketing activities such as case studies, reference calls and participation in Workday customer events.
- Manage renewals from start to finish, including price discussions and working with our legal team to ensure contractual compliance.
- Identify up-sell opportunities and collaborate with Account Executives to generate new proposals.
- After receiving initial training/onboarding we expect you to have gained and maintain a knowledge of Workday products and services so that you can translate a customer's needs for other Workday support teams.
- Self-sufficient management of mid-large enterprise accounts totaling 5M+ in ARR.
- Actively ensure there is a success plan in place for each of your accounts.
- Conduct recurring meaningful engagements with your customers, including post-go-live meetings, customer journey discussions and quarterly and annual business reviews.
- Achieve/exceed annual customer renewal target rates, NPS response rates and other defined CS success metrics
- Manage all aspects of the renewal cycle, executing renewals timely and attaining appropriate uplift.
- At least 3 years' experience as a CSM for SaaS companies
- Experience using a CRM solution (ie. Salesforce)
- Experience with pricing principles and sales practices in SaaS environments
- Skilled at using a CRM system such as Salesforce to summarize customer interactions and build renewal quotes
- Familiarity with the EPM/CPM space or with financial ERP applications is a plus
- Strong ability to create account plans that are tailored to a customer's unique goals and situation
- Skilled at building positive relationships with customers, especially at the Executive level
- Eager to collaborate with internal teams to deliver customer satisfaction (i.e., Sales, Support, Customer Enablement, Professional Services, and Product Management)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to chair meetings and host webinars.
- Ability to be in the office 2-3 days a week
- Travel up to 25% to visit customers
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Workday is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans during our application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.