Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Workday uses the latest technologies to support the processing of billions of monthly transactions for the world's largest enterprises located all across the globe. The Performance Data Engineering team’s mission is to help drive insights into workday application’s performance.
The team has a wide charter from building performance tools to using the latest Big Data techniques in order to extract actionable data and model future capacity and scalability needs. Our team members have a wide range of skills and enjoy building systems as well as using the latest and greatest analytics technologies to help drive data driven decisions across teams.
About the Role
- Design, develop, and launch efficient and reliable frameworks and pipelines to move data and to provide intuitive analytics to our partner teams.
- Make Workday data more discoverable and easy to use for performance engineers, data scientists and analysts across the company.
- Collaborate with other performance engineers and data scientists to discover the best solutions.
- Support your colleagues by reviewing code and designs.
- Diagnose and solve issues in our existing data analytics frameworks as well as data pipeline. Also, envision and build their successors.
- Modernize existing data analytics frameworks by moving them to public cloud.
We are looking for a hardworking, and driven engineer who loves building tools and frameworks and can support us in our mission to make data driven decisions easier across performance team.
· B.S. and/or M.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
· 8+ years of experience in either data infrastructure or backend systems.
· Experience working with AWS Big Data Analytics Platform.
· Experience with Spark, Parquet and Airflow.
· Good understanding of one or more of the following: Scala, Python or Go.
· Broad knowledge of the data infrastructure ecosystem.
· Strong understanding of SQL.
· Experience working with large data volumes.
· Experience with microservices.
· Experience with Kubernetes, Docker.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.