Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
The Sr. Content Creator/Instructional Designer will be instrumental in developing technical course curricula aimed at helping Workday’s Application Developers, Technologists, and Product Managers deliver quality solutions to our customers.
You will work alongside program managers that will surface and prioritize technical training needs from two of the largest organizations within Workday. You’ll then use instructional design techniques to create visually pleasing and interactive course materials that meet established learning objectives.
About the Role:
- Translate technical development concepts into easily consumable videos, materials and eLearning experiences that drive change and impact teams
- Drive change; researching and suggesting new and creative approaches to delivering interactive content to learners
- Authoring engaging eLearning content and course curriculum intended for a technical audience
- Assess and identify gaps in current offerings - collaborating with experts, trainers and team members to fill those gaps with new content
- Create a design plan for on-demand educational content
- Develop copious on-demand educational content with experts on the Development Team
- Organizing, distilling and connecting complex ideas so they become more valuable and consumable
- Create realistic timelines that meet the needs of the business, resources and quality expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology, Communication and Media Studies, Graphic Design, Video Editing or related field
- 3-5 years experience in instructional design and content development of online learning assets
- Direct experience writing scripts and producing educational videos
- Direct experience with graphic design, video, editing, motion graphics, micro-learning, responsive design, gamification, simulations, animation/motion graphics
- Direct experience using eLearning authoring tools (Rise360, Storyline, etc.)
- Experience applying current industry research, learning tools, and trends to internal practices, helping to drive best practices within instructional design and delivery
- Experience using instructional design techniques to measure the effectiveness of training
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships and project plans
- Passionate about learning and setting up others for success
- Someone who adapts well to change and thrives in an exciting, rapidly growing organization
- Ability to simplify complex topics and processes for learners
- Evident proficiency designing and developing technical learning materials