Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
The Workday Integration Development team is looking for experienced developers to join us in building robust, powerful, compelling integrations from Workday to other business applications. Working in a team of highly experienced integration experts, you will use our standards-based integration technologies and toolset to expand Workday’s business offering through the delivery of quality integration components.
This position offers the opportunity to drive the design, development, and delivery of complex integration products in a SaaS environment. Candidates must be passionate about innovative software development, eager to learn about cutting-edge technologies, and have proven ability to deliver quality software.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Proven ability to build complex systems using web services standards WSDL, SOAP, BPEL, or similar technologies.
- Complete command of XML standards and experience in their application (for example, XML Schema, XSLT, STX, DOM, SAX, and similar technologies).
- Experience of Java development.
- Experience of Java-based application server or enterprise service bus (ESB) environments.
- Previous usage of the Eclipse IDE.
- An understanding of one or more business domains relevant to Workday systems (for example, HR, benefits, payroll, or financials) is desirable
- Knowledge of agile development processes is a plus.
Required Education and Experience
- Scoping and design of new products and features in conjunction with product management.
- Scheduling and estimation of software project tasks.
- Software development.
- Software quality assurance.
- Participation in development of the integration team, contributing to reviews of methodologies, standards, and processes.
- Comprehensive internal documentation of designs and product components.
- Resolution of defects in response to escalated support issues.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable.
- 3+ years experience in software development.
- Java Certification or other relevant qualifications are desirable.