Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Workday’s Adaptive Planning Cloud SRE team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with 2 or more years experience in public cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure). In this role you will take an active role in designing and building the infrastructure, tools, and services delivering Workday Adaptive Planning next generation cloud platform. You will be challenged with everything from infrastructure tooling, automation, build and deployment pipelines, monitoring and logging architecture, containerization and more!. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
About the Role
- Support Workday Planning Cloud infrastructure, working with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Chef and Terraform.
- Participate in infrastructure automation leveraging Terraform, Chef, Jenkin and Golang.
- Participate in Planning and executing complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
- Build and respond to production monitors: triage, troubleshoot and resolution, Perform Root cause analysis.
- Good experience at problem solving and complexity analysis on the large distributed systems and maintaining operational runbooks.
- Support the deployment of cloud solution software during and off regular office hours
- Support for both Linux and Windows systems.
- Participate in on-call monitoring response: 1 week primary, 1 week secondary, 2 weeks off
- Note: This role includes a rotational weekend shift. While it is not possible to be definitive, as it depends on business needs, the maximum frequency we would expect is one week in four.
Are you a hardworking, creative and driven team member who can support us in our mission to gracefully support our Multi-Cloud infrastructure and Automation?.
If yes, We would love to hear from you! If you like trying new techniques and approaches to sophisticated problems, love to learn new technologies, are a natural collaborator and a phenomenal teammate who brings out the best in everyone around you, then give us a shout!.
Basic Qualifications :
- 3 to 5 Years DevOps, Systems/Infrastructure, or related Operations and Support experience.
- 3+ years of experience working directly with AWS Infrastructure services; AWS Certification preferred; solid understanding of AWS services and security required.
- 2+ Years Experience with at least one programming language like: Go, Python, Bash, Perl .
- Authoring configuration management scripts and deployment tools: Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent
- Splunk, Nagios, Elasticsearch, Kibana, CloudWatch and Logstash and ways to scale these systems.
- 3+ years of experience in the following:
- Cloud databases like AWS oracle/PostgreSQL RDS or Aurora PostgreSQL or GCP Cloud SQL is helpful.
- Orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Working knowledge of containerization (Docker).
- Source control management such as Git, GitHub
- Knowledge of web servers and Cloud load balancers such as Apache HTTP Server, Nginx, HA-Proxy, AWS ELB/NLB.
- Effective communication of complex technical concepts.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.