Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) Human Capital Management and Financial Management solutions for managing global businesses. As a Services Solution Strategist for our Professional Services organization, you will be responsible for planning, management, and execution of all Professional Services lead generation, demand management and field support activities in your area. You will be a key team member of the Workday Customer Enablement organization supporting the sales and operational aspects of meeting quarterly financial targets and providing feedback to the business for future growth and opportunities. You'll use your experience with consulting and project delivery to help internal sales teams properly articulate the value of our portfolio of services, support in determining the best solutions for customers and prospects, winning new business, and supporting renewals. This will include ownership and management of a bookings target for your area and being the subject matter expert for all the Customer Enablement packages and services including Workday Success Plans. You'll employ effective selling strategies to successfully support the field in positioning Workday’s Customer Enablement. You will work closely with Workday internal account teams to run campaigns and other events as well as help them proactively identify opportunities where a CE service would best fit their customer’s need and ensure maximum customer satisfaction. If you have a stellar consulting delivery and sales track record, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Workday is the place for you.
- Provide consultative pre-sales support for Workday Success Plans and other Customer Enablement service packages to the field.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of Customer Enablement service and Workday Success Plans to meet customer needs drive maximum value.
- Present deep dive individual or group presentations on individual service and support offerings or the entire portfolio to build pipeline and close business.
- Understand the competitive landscape and prospect and customer needs so you can effectively position the value of Workday Success Plans and post-production services.
- Work with internal account teams to identify opportunities to position a CE service or support package.
- May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
- Support sales teams in qualifying leads and articulating the value of all CE packages.
- Support Workday Business Development managers in scoping ad-hoc work for the CE business as needed.
- Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with Workday Service Partners.
- Maintain accurate and timely prospect, pipeline, and service forecast data.
- Conduct pipeline meetings for your patch and report activity up to management on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Team player, with self-starter attitude.
- Great presentation skills while participating in a fast-paced, complex product and services sales cycle.
- Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of a SaaS architecture.
- Project Delivery Experience
- Strong knowledge of vendors, products, and services in Enterprise application space.
- 5+ years of experience in Consulting Delivery in an enterprise-class customer environment, and experience with SaaS is a plus.
- Services Sales experience in a business-to-business environment is preferable, but not required.
- Experience presenting complex, multifaceted solutions in an easy to understand and entertaining way.
- Ability to work under pressure and work on multiple projects
- Up to 25% travel.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred