Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
As a Workday Deployment Strategist for our Financial Services industry team, you will be the key conduit between the dynamic Professional Services organization, a diverse set of deployment partners, and the successful Sales organization. You will represent project deployment topics and Professional Services - be it Workday or partner-led engagements through the entire sales cycle.
You will use your extensive experience and consultative selling skills to initiate trusted relationships with customers, executive sponsors, and Workday deployment partners. You'll employ effective selling strategies to successfully position Workday Services solutions as a viable alternative to legacy ERP and competitor’s cloud solutions and emphasize our differentiators in deployment methodology and professional services portfolio.
Key measurements of success will include responsiveness and proactivity in supporting sales activity, achievement of Services financial targets and strategic initiatives, ensuring customers purchase the appropriate services from Workday and/or our ecosystem partners to lead to long-term success, and alignment with key stakeholders for identifying and closing selected Workday-led projects. Key metrics include subscription revenues, services bookings, services revenues and customer satisfaction.
If you have a stellar consulting sales track record, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Workday is the place for you.
***This position can be hired at Senior level for a candidate with Senior level experience****
LOCATION: This position can be based in any US Workday market
- Partner with Workday Account Executives to sell more business
- Build confidence and credibility with customers and establish valuable long term relationships
- Develop the Services and Partner strategy best suited for the prospect’s context, priorities and requirements
- Provide tailored deployment strategy, plans, resource and cost estimates for Financials, Analytics, Planning, and Human Capital solutions
- Strategize the deployment partner fit i.e. Workday Professional Services versus a Workday certified partner
- Share and encourage best-practices and lessons learned from other customers and projects
- Provide customer testimonials
- Lead Services contract development and negotiation
- Support Workday’s Services bookings and revenue goals
- Communicate and report on new business for the Financial Services industry team
- Actively participate in building and enhancing the Business Development team in North America
- 3+ Years of Consulting Experience - Gathering relevant prospect information, and to define tailored deployment strategies , timelines, resources, and cost estimates for ERP solutions – specifically for Financials, Analytics, Planning and Human Capital Management products
- Ability to present deployment scenarios and services to our prospects
- Proven ability in managing complex services sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful service revenue and quality attainment
- Ability to maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and service forecast data
- Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of a cloud architecture
- Ability to cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners
- Proven ability to thrive and excel in a lean, fast-paced, dynamic environment with high-performance expectations
- Significant experience in leading sales activity from inception through teaming and proposal development, to include customer requirements mapping and service engagement activities
- Strong knowledge of vendors, products, and services in the cloud enterprise application space
- Experience in consulting sales, preferably in an ERP environment
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with consultative selling methodologies