Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Workday is looking for analytics professionals to help us develop and expand operations modeling and decision support. You will bring your expertise with the latest big data and analytics tools to help design, build, implement and extend operations management for our data centers. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building operations decision systems in a new industry of managing “software as a service” in cloud based computing.
About the team
As a member of the OMS Optimization team you will work across the development, operations, and performance organizations to identify, explore and target key drivers for decision making in operations at workday. We work with large scale operations metrics, data science, predictive analytics, and other operations research models. We implement decision support systems that integrate into our operations command and control systems.
- Identify and explore opportunities to increase efficiency in operations
- Develop statistical and deterministic models which give prescriptive changes for operations
- Design, implement and release tooling to implement models
- Support for existing modeling including ongoing support and enhancements
- Bachelors or graduate degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience
- Operations Research coursework or comparable experience strongly preferred
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment that is agile and delivers value incrementally and frequently
- Able to work comfortably across organization boundaries to understand and explore opportunities to improve decision making. Comfortable explaining complex ideas at high levels presentations and very low level details when needed
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, C#, C++ or Scala
- Experience with combinatorial optimization, graph theory, linear programming or stochastic modeling and related software tooling or libraries
- Comfortable working with big data (Hive, Spark, Hadoop, …)
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively