Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Workday is looking for a senior software engineer to develop and support the Data Analytics Platform. You will bring your expertise with the latest web and big data technologies to help design, build and scale the big data analysis infrastructure that currently supports our data science research and internal data analysts.
About the team
As a member of the Data Analytics Platform team you will be joining a cross functional team of developers and data engineers under the Data Platform & Observability Engineering team. You will work with developers using cutting edge technology to implement an advanced analytics platform for Data Scientists and Data Analysts that allows users to define analytic workflows with a variety of different languages while also providing the ability to visualize and drill down on the aggregated data. To understand use cases and requirements, you will work with data scientists, who analyze user transaction data and build machine learning models to optimize search, recommendation and personalization across the suite of Workday products.
- Design, manage and scale big data infrastructure for Data Scientists and Data Analysts
- Oversee, troubleshoot and optimize existing systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develop solutions
Install, configure and integrate solutions with other applications and platforms outside of the framework
- Aid in ensuring critical systems and services are always up via design, creation and use of monitoring tools
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience
- Experience building production applications with Scala. Alternatively, have a solid foundation in Java with a strong desire to learn Scala.
- Extensive experience with web application development and web frameworks (eg. Play Framework, Spring)
- Familiar with 1 or more scripting languages such as Python, Bash.
- Familiarity with big data/analytics technologies is a plus (e.g. Hadoop, Mesos, Zookeeper, Spark, Kafka, Flink, Zeppelin)
- Experience in one of the public cloud providers (AWS, GCP or Azure) is a big plus
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment that is agile (i.e. Scrum) and deliver value incrementally and frequently
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively