Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Are you passionate about designing and building large scale distributed systems? Do you believe that Cloud is the future for business applications? Does leading edge technology rock your world? Are you curious about change detection algorithms and event driven data pipelines, transaction processing and indexing for distributed object graphs, large scale MVCC and building optimal resource aware solutions that scale to the biggest enterprises in the world?
About the Role:
• Work with Product Management to analyze the market place, competition and technology trends. Collaborate with management to prioritize and set direction of overall development efforts
• Gather all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality ensuring high performance and strong user experience
• Support the release planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of the planned features. Develop estimates and task dependencies. Support the management in coordinating actions with extended product teams including tools development, application development, product management, QA, service/consulting, customer/production support, documentation/training and sales demo
• Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of product features
• Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority
• Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow
• Contribute ideas for continually improving the team’s productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality
• Research new technology and development tools in our space to remain abreast of current and emerging technology. Propose and execute on mini-research/prototype projects that introduce an innovative solution to new or existing problem
• Be an evangelist of our technologies and products. Communicate across multiple teams to show case new features and functionalities
• Are you passionate about software development
• Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications that run in the cloud
• 5-8+ years’ experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming, fluent in Java, proficient in applying common design patterns, good grasp of distributed systems and ability to communicate design ideas effectively
• Expertise in dealing with distributed graph algorithms, high availability, concurrency, profiling, deployment, upgrade/migration, production support and other SaaS enterprise software concerns
• Proficient in major development tools and processes, such as source control, requirement spec, design and design review, unit test, system test, performance test, etc.
• Proven ability to take leadership role in projects that span multiple teams, ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment, ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements, strong verbal and written communication
• BS in Computer Science or related fields or MS in Computer Science or related fields Required