Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Are you a Senior HR professional that is a natural problem-solver and relationship builder? If so, Workday is looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to consult and provide a broad range of strategic HR services to our Office of COO organization. This organization includes Business Technology and the Business Innovation Office. The Senior HRBP will partner closely with executive leaders to provide proactive Human Resources support to their organizations.
The Senior HRBP consults with leaders to provide customized and practical HR solutions to challenges across a range of HR functions including talent management (workforce planning, retention, succession planning), organization design and effectiveness, engagement and culture, diversity and compensation.
- Strategic HR Planning: Expected to gain a deep business understanding including knowledge of our product/services, the business operating model, financials, how important decisions are made, our competitive landscape etc., and translate this business knowledge into a talent strategy that enables organization success.
- Consulting: Serves as a consultant to leadership on human resource related issues. Coaches leaders to enhance their abilities, driving for a highly engaged workforce, cultivating cross-functional relationships, building bench strength at all levels.
- Change Management: Manages organization changes within the department providing strategic input on business direction, resource planning and internal communication
- Talent Management: In partnership with our business aligned Leadership & Organizational Effectiveness partners, lead talent management and succession planning strategies and processes to develop world-class executive talent
- Culture: Aligns performance management and reward strategies to drive and reinforce a culture of high performance and innovation with and across the business groups
- Employee Engagement: Business champion to drive and leverage employee engagement initiatives that elevate and sustain high levels of employee engagement
- HR Partnership: Engagement and collaboration with the global HR team, including the HR Operations and Functional Centers of Excellence teams
- 10+ years in HR
- 4-6 years supporting one or more executives (at the VP or SVP level)
- Experience working with Operations and related functions in a fast-growing software organization; working knowledge of services compensation a plus.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility with leaders.
- Ability to be flexible and nimble within a changing organization. Must possess strong change management skills.
- Strong ability to tailor his/her communication style to work well with stakeholders at all levels in the organization; effective at influencing, facilitating, and problem solving
- Strong business acumen, understanding the business and financial conditions, able to link HR and business strategy, and identify ways to improve business performance
- Skilled at identifying and assessing current organizational capabilities- building what’s required, shaping and supporting culture, and aligning organizational programs to reinforce culture
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas: leadership coaching and development, talent/performance management, high potential identification and development, and development of recognition/engagement programs
- Provide leadership and guidance to implement core HR policies, programs and practices necessary to drive business objectives
- Merger and Acquisition experience preferred
- Change management experience: demonstrated experience in articulating the business case for change, evaluating change readiness, building and executing stakeholder plans and transition activities, and managing sustained change and transition
- Seriously passionate about this work!
- 4-year degree in business or related field required