Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic Sr. Program Manager to join the Workday Global Resource Management team. The ideal candidate will have a Workday project management background with exposure to Resource Management specific challenges and opportunities at Workday, a passion for quality and customer service, and enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. He/she will be detail oriented, self-motivated, results oriented, and a great communicator. As a member of the Resource Management team, he/she will interact with various cross functional teams in support of Workday Resource Management and Professional Services enablement. This role will lead projects to improve the resource management function as outlined in the Global Resource Management roadmap. This role will work closely with the Resource Management, Delivery Services Systems, and Delivery Enablement teams.
Strategy & Process
- Lead effort to implement RM Enablement Roadmap and Strategy, which includes driving to global standards
- Understand local market needs
- Identify potential issues and move to resolution
- Serve as RM point of contact for business partners i.e. Delivery, Accounting, Legal, Education, etc.
- Coordinate across market segments and geographies
- Project Manage RM Initiatives
Systems & Analytics
- Serve RM point of contact for Delivery Services Systems team
- Assess and provide RM input on proposed changes
- Report updates and creation
New Feature Rollout
- Participate in Workday feature release assessment
- Engage with RM team for requirements and testing
- Inform and train RM team
- Serve as point of contact for global programs
- Understand details of the offering and impact to RM team
- Educate business and provide input on RM needs
- Inform and train RM team, as needed
- Be an expert in Workday methodology & initiatives to enable delivery in the field
- Develop and implement programs to support the growth of resource managers
- Partner cross-functionally within Workday as you manage the planning, requirements gathering, tools build, training and communications associated to Resource Management specific programs and initiatives.
- Conduct Assessments, retrospectives, lessons learned & feedback sessions for rollouts of RM initiatives to ensure the program evolves as needed based on field experience
- Engage cross-functionally with the Professional Services delivery teams on Resource Management priorities and needs
- Facilitate information gathering sessions to understand issues and determine what, if any, next steps need to be taken
- Assess and prioritize multiple and changing requests from multiple and varied stakeholders
- Keep up to date with the Workday emerging industries and be able to engage with delivery resources
- Partner with internal project teams to provide an objective perspective on project health
- Review project deliverables through all stages of deployment and coach Resource Managers on best practices
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements and make recommendations as appropriate
- Liaison between business and technical teams – understand the business needs, the technical capabilities, and the trade-offs between time, cost, and scope
- Be a point of contact for internal teams and partners
Required Skills and Experience:
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
- Excellent project planning and implementation skills
- Excellent organizational, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to teach others
- Proven project management experience
- Ability to analyze data, reports and dashboards and a willingness to “dive in” and formulate new ideas on how to better support stakeholders
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations professionally
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance
- Ability to understand who needs to be engaged to ensure decisions are not made in a silo
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Google Suite
- Must work well within and across teams
- Global experience is a plus.
- Preferred: Experience in Resource Management
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.