Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for an innovative individual who is passionate about quality and technology to join our Absence Quality Assurance Team. We are an innovator in the enterprise software space and, as a result, are able to consistently present our quality engineers with new learning and development opportunities.
Ideally you’ll come with deep product or domain knowledge in Global Absence Management and will be expected to plan, design, and review test specifications and ensure full test coverage based on functional requirements. You'll be a primary contributor to the test efforts for our Workday Time Management application and, therefore, should be well versed in the QA of Enterprise Applications. You will work directly with development, product managers and other QA teams to deliver high quality products.
We hope you bring an attitude of continuous learning while also helping our team grow and challenging our own ‘business as usual’. As a team, we operate under one goal of growing our product to be the premier global Absence Management solution and we expect this role to play a critical part in that growth story.
- Define, write and maintain solid, robust & efficient test plans, end to end test strategy, and regression tests for our product.
- Build test plans incorporating acceptance criteria and customer use cases exploring support questions and previously reported issues.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and developers to understand requirements, write stories, and build test strategy and timely deliverables.
- Work with automators designing testing coverage.
- Provide regular status on test plans and feature deliverables.
- Actively participate in Agile Scrum Ceremonies.
- Provide knowledge transfers and demo the product to other teams.
- Diagnose problems and report bugs or recommend enhancements.
- Become the functional product expert acting as a customer advocate in testing functionality and contributing to outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Be an advocate for assessing, recommending and implementing continuous process improvements.
- Strong functional knowledge in Absence Management and Workforce Management software, preferably US and Global-working.
- Knowledge of Federal government requirements (especially as they relate to Absence Management) is a plus but not required.
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience, preferably in enterprise software applications.
- Proven experience with delivering high quality software products within a full development lifecycle.
- Clear and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, organized and customer driven mindset.
- Experience with Agile Methodology.
- A passion for troubleshooting & problem solving is required.
- High degree of attention to detail, with a passion for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Enthusiastic and confident with the ability to work with various different teams.
- Experience with Web Services, REST APIs, Mobile applications is a plus, but not required.
- A college degree in Business or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.