Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Does driving a product’s design and requirements intrigue you? Do you have a technical background and want to transition into product management?
As a Product Manager, you will help define the product roadmap, work with customers to understand their needs, interact with engineers to bring the product to life, and learn how to become an effective Product Manager.
Your experience as an Product Manager will include:
- Drives the cross functional application design that will transform the way institutions serve and satisfy their constituents. Expect a full featured system including:
- Comprehensive student financial aid with robust ISIR processing, cost of attendance, load status calculations, packaging, disbursement, COD integrations, SAP management and more
- Compliance processing and reporting
- External integrations
- Coordination and synchronization with Workday HCM, Payroll and nearly all other Student teams
- Dedicated career mentor as well as numerous informal coaching opportunities
- Exposure to core technology areas such as: Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Mobile, Collaboration, Business Process, Integration, SaaS Infrastructure, In-Memory Object Model, Security and Global
- Opportunity to experience all aspects of software product management
- Exposure to both product strategy and product execution
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Understand customer needs to define requirements. Prepare and conduct customer interviews, contextual inquiries, focus groups and design workshops
- Assist with defining product roadmap and priorities
- Work with engineers and designers to create products
- Communicate across product teams to deliver functionality to customers
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups such as customers, developers, consultants and sales personnel.
- Desire to work in an extremely complex fast paced environment
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills including, but not limited to, task prioritization and effective time management
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating good judgment and problem-solving ability
- A team player with the ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance
- Bachelor's degree required
- Some higher education experience desired, but not required