Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the team:
Workday's Technology Strategy and Planning Organization unifies the technology program portfolio for Operations, Platform Infrastructure, Security, Core Services and several other areas to deliver secure applications to Workday customers powering a rapidly growing global business. This requires superior coordination and communication amongst our highly skilled teams that span multiple geographies. Our mission is to focus on delivering projects and programs that ensure our Workday platform is highly available while delivering new products and features for our customers.
About the role:
We are looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for a major Cloud Governance set of initiatives, from customer engagement and gathering requirements to ensuring sponsors and stakeholders are kept up to date. You will collaborate with engineers, architects, finance, Strategy and Planning partners and drive the requirements from the design phase through execution. Our daily work has a direct impact on our customers and our business. As the company grows, so will your skills, exposure and ability to contribute. Work location is the Pleasanton office.
- Proactively and independently drive multi-year cross functional initiatives with a heavy emphasis on cost optimization.
- Manage multiple, complex programs and projects in parallel, with quality and efficiency.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Identify and escalate issues or resource conflicts and be able to manage trade-offs involving features, cost, design and schedule.
- Effectively communicate with senior leadership on decisions that impact multiple programs.
- Drive process optimization and identify opportunities for improving our service offerings.
- Effectively communicate with cross functional teams through the complete program / project cycle.
- Plan and ensure that project execution meets (often aggressive) timelines.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a project/program management capacity working in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in infrastructure services, virtualization and public/private cloud technologies.
- Experience in platform engineering, building application stack in public cloud (AWS/GCP).
- Vendor Management experience (RFPs, Contracts, performance management).
- Systems ownership stakeholder management.
- Supply Chain/Asset Management process experience.
- Process Ownership stakeholder management is cross functional (DACI, RACI), 30 high-level process framework areas, 28 people are A’s or C’s.
- Manage Project Managers representing Vendors work in the project.
- Experience in managing large enterprise wide multi-year programs/projects.
- Experience leading and participating in technical and cross-functional projects with excellent technical aptitude.
- Ability to identify dependencies between complex programs/projects and determine impact.
- Problem solver capable of translating issues into simple terms to facilitate discussions and decisions.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills.
- Effective in and experienced in building and managing cross functional relationships.
- Able to drive collaboration and influence multiple teams. Thrive in a diverse environment.
- Ability to work with x-organizational team across geographies & timezones.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.