Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Software Engineering (Applications) Mgmt: Directs the activities of a software applications development function for software application enhancements and new products. This position oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of computer programs for commercial or end user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or personal applications products (e.g., spreadsheets, tax packages, personal finance programs). Analyzes and investigates applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations. Interacts with project managers, marketing, sales, and users to define application requirements and/or necessary modifications. May also have responsibility for testing and documentation. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring the efficient operation of the function. Survey Tip: Companies that develop applications software should match their positions to this family. Companies that have both applications and systems software engineering managers, and do not identify positions by function such as systems, applications, and/or quality assurance, should match to Software Development Mgmt (2122-2126).
About the Role
Workday has immediate openings in Financials Application Development for an experienced software application development manager. You will lead a dynamic team of software developers and will be responsible for delivering a new generation of SaaS solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses, built using the most modern technologies and development methodologies, providing an unparalleled level of agility, ease-of-use, and integration capability.
About the Role:
- Lead a team of dynamic software developers to build and maintain the Financials Management product
- Recruit top talent to grow the team capacity
- Plan, releases and schedule development
- Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks
- Track and report progress of the project against key milestones
- Balance resources with task assignments
- Ensure on-time and high quality delivery of the project
- Coordinate projects that span multiple teams
- Assist direct reports with career growth and personal development
- Work closely with Product Management to determine release scope and to ensure that features meet requirements
- Keep feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle
- 3+ years managing development teams of 6+ engineers, including remote developers
- 8+ years commercial enterprise software experience
- Multiple years of OO software design and development experience
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Passionate about software development and building strong engineering team
- Ability to motivate and inspire the team
- Attention to detail and deep understanding of engineering best practices
- Experience with Financials industry is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Test Driven development
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.