Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Role
As a member of project teams, you’ll play a key role in the end-to-end implementation of Workday’s Adaptive Planning product, across a varied portfolio of customers. You’ll act as a trusted advisor to the customer, either leading or supporting the implementation of single or multiple Finance functional streams , on any given implementation project.
What you will achieve in your first 12 months
You’ll get the opportunity to learn and achieve many things as a Consultant at Workday.
Here are some of the activities you will experience on your Workday career journey:
- Month 1 - 3: you’ll complete the Workday Adaptive Planning Certification training
- Once Certified, you’ll supplement your initial product learnings through active project engagements, working under the guidance of a Functional Architect or Senior Consultant
- You will work closely with other Consulting teams on projects, including Integration Consultants, to ensure seamless collaboration between the various touchpoints of the application
- Gain a practical understanding of Workday’s implementation methodology at each stage of the project life cycle:
Gathering and understanding Customer’s Business Requirements and demonstrating core Workday concepts, utilizing pre-delivered Workday solutions
Translating Customer requirements into configured solutions and ensuring detailed unit testing of the Workday solution
Supporting your customer during multiple rounds of testing, responding to and resolving test issues under the guidance of the Lead Consultant
Undertaking final deployment activities for the customer, including the provision of knowledge transfer and post-production support activities
- Within your 1st year you can expect to have worked on at least 3 full-cycle implementation projects within your areas of expertise
- In your 2nd year, you’ll continue to build on the knowledge that you’ve learnt, through additional training offerings and multiple/concurrent project experiences.
This role requires a blended mix of Functional and Technical Consulting skills relating to the implementation of business software applications. Workday Consultants act as trusted advisors to our Customers, as a result we are Business Consultants who are experts in the functional aspects of the Workday platform. If you have existing or transferable experience in any of the following areas, then we’d love to hear from you:
- Knowledge of Workday Adaptive Planning either as an implementer or user
- 5+ years of e xperience working with, or implementing a Tier 1 Planning software application such as: Anaplan, OneStream, Hyperion or a similar application
- Prior Consulting experience, either as an Internal Consultant or with a Consulting/Software Company preferred
- Business analysis and requirements gathering skills
- A detailed-driven problem solver, with a passion for delivering exceptional levels of customer service
- A strong presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to learn technology quickly through a mix of different mediums
- Resourceful and adaptable; you’ll be comfortable working remotely, utilizing a variety of tools with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (under typical circumstances)