Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Now is the time to re-think wellbeing and mental health, to challenge traditional and historical norms, and to ensure companies are delivering the most impactful support and benefits to employees in the most effective ways – meeting employees where they are, and in a way they can understand and can take action on. Do you have the ability to think strategically AND operationally? Do you enjoy thinking out-of-the-box, while creating solutions that are scalable, practical, and global in nature? Does it excite you to think that you would be driving and establishing the company-wide wellbeing and mental health strategy, and not simply looking to maintain the existing program?
At Workday, employees are our #1 core value because we believe they are key to building a great company . Our people are a big reason why we continue to be recognized globally as a best place to work. As the Director of Global Wellbeing, you will help define the strategy, philosophy, and programs that will impact Workday’s most important asset - our people.
This role reports directly to the Vice President of Total Rewards, and will partner very closely with the U.S. Benefits Director and International Benefits Director to ensure a robust and holistic overall benefits program for our employees. If you are a creative and innovative thinker, are capable of taking a vision and putting it into action, and are willing to challenge the status quo and traditional ways of providing wellbeing support, and have experience managing multiple competing stakeholder demands in a lightning-fast and ever-changing environment, we’d like to talk to you.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Provide leadership & expertise in all areas of global wellbeing and mental health at Workday.
- Formulate a multi-year vision and strategy for wellbeing at Workday, including an annual plan to execute against this plan
- Oversee and manage all global wellbeing programs and vendors.
- Manage a small team, and ancillary programs/benefits, such as compay Perks program and onsite Fitness Centers.
- Work closely with U.S. and International Benefits Directors to ensure wellbeing programs are properly integrated in overall company Benefits offering.
- Formulate strong partnerships with HR Business Partners and key stakeholders, and be seen as the clear subject-matter expert in all things wellbeing and mental health.
- Manage relationships with wellbeing vendors, and hold them accountable to high quality and execution standards and service levels.
- Partner with professional benefits organizations and networking groups to understand trends (both emerging and established) in our industry.
- Develop actionable metrics for our wellbeing offerings to track engagement, effectiveness, and value to employees and the company.
- Recommend program improvements as appropriate to maximize impact on employees, and overall employee experience.
- Develop and lead company-wide initiatives in wellbeing/mental health space. Includes company townhalls, executive meetings, all employee meetings, site-specific activities/initiatives.
- Strategic, big-picture thinking
- Ability to create a strategy and vision, as well as to operationalize it
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Ability to think globally, not just U.S.
- Executive presence, charisma, and confidence and courage to propose bold and game-changing initiatives to establish best-in-class wellbeing programs
- Solid background and understanding of overall benefit programs and designs (health, financial, mental health/wellbeing, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of existing and emerging wellness and mental health resources, programs, vendors, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with excel, word, power point, google docs, google slides
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong consultative skills; combination of consulting background and corporate experience preferred
- Ability to establish strong, credible, and trusting relationships with key stakeholders (U.S. and International Benefits Directors and teams, HR Business Partners, Senior Management, Finance, Legal, Vendors, etc.)
- Ability to communicate a concise story in words, with appropriate data to support
- Ability to influence senior leaders/executives, and HR business partners
- Ability to manage existing and potential vendors, and hold them to high execution and quality standards