Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Workday makes software for people who plan. We’re powering a new generation of business planning for organizations of all sizes. Addressing the need for greater business agility in a world that moves fast, Workday Adaptive Planning delivers a new way for everybody who plans to collaborate, gain business insights and adapt with agility.
This is not just a role answering questions - it's about digging in and coming up with solutions to a variety of time sensitive, operational critical issues - it's about passion, innovation and excellence in a fast-paced and dynamic organization. Our ultimate goal is to ensure Workday delivers an excellent user experience.
About the Role
- You will support customers via calls and emails with a strong focus on timely resolution of issues and customer satisfaction.
- You will work cross-functionally to coordinate resolution of issues within the support team and the product development team within service level targets.
- You will guide customers through standard fixes and resolutions.
- You will manage a queue of multiple high severity/high priority tickets.
- You will contribute to customer facing knowledge base articles, internal documentation, processes and procedures.
This position requires an occasional weekend rotational shift or an occasional weekend on call shift. Candidates must be local to the Austin area or able to self-relocate to either of these locations. Note : Currently due to Covid-19, all employees are working from home, but will be expected to return to the offices starting in August of 2021.
What you can achieve in your first 12 months
- Documenting and characterizing customer reported software issues and determining resolution and/or workarounds or if an escalation is required.
- Working with various functional teams to reach problem resolution and track product issues.
- Escalate product bugs to Support Engineers, track resolutions and communication corrections and workarounds to customers.
- Development of technical ability through knowledge reuse.
- 5+ years of customer support experience, providing technical support for complex software and environment issues with a solid understanding of case handling processes and escalation procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with the ability to communicate with users at all levels and varying technical ability.
- Ability to triage multiple high severity cases and provide resolutions to cases outside of the primary product specialization area.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to determine undocumented solutions and workarounds for issues to help unblock customers.
- Comfortable working with software where there may be some ambiguity in determining solutions and next steps.
- You are a self-starter, with the ability to work autonomously to find workarounds and solutions, but knows when to ask for help when blocked
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, combined with the ability to communicate with users at all levels and varying technical ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience supporting SaaS software is strongly desired
- Networking certification and/or network troubleshooting experience is strongly desired
- Programming, scripting, data integration is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, MIS, CIS or a Business degree preferred or related work experience