Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) plays a critical role in the success and execution of Workday Adaptive Planning. As a CSM, you will ensure the maximum value is derived from our products and services, by quantifying the value, driving adoption, sharing best practices, answering business questions, identifying opportunities and developing strategic goals and objectives.
Ultimately, your goal as a CSM is to ensure that the value derived from the solution far exceeds customer’s expectations; as such, the role requires a combination of customer management experience and pricing expertise. Additionally, this role relies heavily on personal accountability for results, and a willingness to go ‘the extra mile’ for each and every customer.
What you'll be doing
• Establishing a trusted advisor relationship across the customers organization, from Executive Sponsors to Day to Day contacts, that works to ensure customer’s are getting value from our products and services.
• Monitoring and facilitating the customer’s adoption of our solution features and their overall business needs as they relate to our products.
• Stay on top of any major changes within their customer’s organization to be able to effectively help manage the change and develop the relationships as necessary.
• Developing success plans/customer journey for customers that outline their critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, track progress and provide recommendations.
• Acting as a liaison between product management and the customer with a focus on communicating the Workday innovation roadmap and how the roadmap will influence customer activities.
• Leveraging customer relationships as needed for prospect references and driving customers to Workday Adaptive Planning events
• Maintain revenue stream from each customer’s subscription by creating and demonstrating top & bottom-line value for each customer.
• Managing renewals from end-to-end, including negotiating contracts.
• Identifying upsell/add-on opportunities and collaborating with Account Executives
Expected results within 6-12 months:
- After receiving initial training/onboarding we expect you to have gained and maintain a deeper knowledge of Workday products and services across each product workstream
- Self-sufficient management of SMB accounts totaling ~5M in ARR
- Actively ensure there is a roadmap in place for each of your accounts
- Timely execution of standard customer meetings and reviews for your defined accounts
- Achieve/exceed annual customer satisfaction targets and other defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Manage all aspects of the renewal cycle, executing renewals in a timely fashion and maintaining renewal rate targets
- 3+ years' experience in Customer Success or Sales Development
- Superior interpersonal/customer relations skills; clear and concise verbal and written communicator; effective in person and by phone.
- Familiar with change management practices, change communications and process re-engineering.
- Self-starter who works independently and proactively.
- Experience working with a high volume of accounts.
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
- Experience with pricing principles and sales practices in SaaS selling environments.
- Experience working within the EPM/CPM space or with financial ERP applications is a plus.