Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
The Engineering Services Frameworks builds common frameworks that are shared across the Workday Application Suite. These products touch every single application and every single customer in Workday. Engineering Services Frameworks consists of 3 main areas:
- Enterprise Frameworks - The Enterprise Framework team focuses on building products that help orchestrate processes between people and systems.
As an Associate Manager on the Enterprise Frameworks - Org Engineering team you will be leading a great team of 4 – 5 developers in Pleasanton, partner with product management, quality engineering and cross functional application development teams. You will serve as a key liaison between the ORG Core & ORG Roles Framework teams across US & EMEA.
Org Engineering team is responsible for one of the foundational frameworks that enables hiring people, assigning them to various roles, managing headcount and budgets via cost centers and enables workday customers across all applications to effectively run their organizations
What you'll do:
- Developer Platforms - This team owns the application developer platforms, tools, and languages used by all of our application software engineers: XpressO (XO) and YP.
Your background includes:
- Lead a team of dynamic software developers to build and maintain enterprise framework features that supports application development.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to your direct reports for both technical and non-technical issues.
- Plan releases, schedule development by providing estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks.
- Track and report progress of the project against key milestones keeping stakeholders informed throughout the release cycle
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams towards operational excellence.
- Manage development related customer escalation and partner with support, product management and QA on triaging customer issues.
- Passion for software development and building a strong engineering team by fostering connections.
- Ability to learn fast and fail forward.
- 5+ year's experience in OO enterprise software development, with 1 - 2+ years as a technical lead
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in designing and building complex system
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and communicate across organizational boundaries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical knowledge with an attention to detail.
- BS in Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience working with distributed team
- Experience in developing in an agile environment