Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory. If incumbent is responsible for both existing and new accounts, match to Sales Account Manager - Direct - New Accounts (S631-S635). If unable to distinguish between levels or only one level of account manager within the company, match to the career level. The most highly populated individual contributor level (up to 75-80% of the individual contributor sales population) might be matched to the career level. No more than 15-20% of individual contributor sales population would typically be matched to the advanced level. Regional or national (country-wide) account managers should be matched to the Country Strategic Account Manager set of jobs
About the Role
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Job Description As a Medium Enterprise Account Executive, you will use your extensive experience, domain expertise and consultative selling skills to initiate and support sales of Workday Solutions with Enterprise prospects. If you want to be part of something exciting, please read on!
Role & Responsibilities
• You will be passionate, enthusiastic and a successful new business sales person who wants to be part of one of the most disruptive cloud companies on the planet!
• You will be a key player in Workday s field sales team to drive net new business sales into strategic named accounts.
• You will drive complex sales cycles orchestrating internal teams of pre-sales, value management, bid management, inside sales, marketing and sales support.
• You will implement value-selling processes leveraging a wealth of knowledge of Workday s products and portfolio.
• You will use your experience and consultative selling skills to initiate long-standing relationships with prospective customers and executive sponsors.
• You will employ effective selling strategies to successfully position Workday as a viable cloud partner of choice to alternative to legacy ERP solutions.
• If you have a stellar sales track record capitalizing on strategic accounts, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Workday is the place for you.
Experience / Qualifications
• Extensive experience selling SaaS/Cloud based ERP / HCM / Financial planning solutions to C-levels within enterprise accounts
• Understanding of the strategic competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position Workday solutions within prospective accounts
• Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of an on-demand/web services/ Cloud / SaaS architecture
• Experience cultivating mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners and alliances
• Proven success with transformational selling and strategy
• Experience as a leader in a team selling environment towards enterprise organizations
• Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
• Proven experience of pulling together different business units to maximize on sales opportunities
• Maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data
• Familiarity with consultative selling methodologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a part of the Workday application process, candidates applying to some roles may be asked to complete an assessment by pymetrics. If the pymetrics assessment applies to the role you will be asked to do the assessment after submitting your application. Workday reviews the pymetrics results as one factor alongside other candidate qualifications to help identify the best fit for Workday.
- 5+ years software sales
- 5+ years of Technical writing experience
- Experience with Planning, Financial or Human Capital Management software is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.