WeWork began in 2010 with a vision to build the first global physical platform designed to bring people together. Today, we offer access to a desk, an office, a headquarters, or an entire building in hundreds of cities around the world; with over a third of the Fortune 500 companies being part of the WeWork community.
About the Opportunity
The Capital Projects Manager
will identify, plan and actively manage capital projects ensuring that they are completed successfully, within approved scope, timeline and budget. The Capital Projects Manager
will be responsible for organizing and managing existing and upcoming projects. This involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, expenditures, vendor management, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager, Capital Projects.
The Capital Projects Manager
will be responsible for analyzing project data, creating requisitions, processing POs and generating reports on a monthly and quarterly basis. Help optimize the processes and organize projects with the goal of getting them completed on time and within budget. This role is critical in driving the successful execution of all Capital Projects activities across territories.
- Oversee implementation of capital projects aligned with achieving organizational objectives through defining project scope and project objectives
- Create and manage project plans including schedule, personnel and budgetary resources as well as scope of work
- Manage project budgets, in conjunction with the CAPEX program and finance teams expectations
- Coordinate and facilitate regular project meetings, including working team meetings and management level project status meetings
- Develop and distribute meeting agendas and meeting minutes for internal and external vendor meetings
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Develop and utilize appropriate project tracking tools to track issues, risks, and action items, and communicate status and risks to project teams and management
- Build, manage and maintain external vendor relationships
- Obtain work proposals/quotes from vendors and create Purchase Orders
- Ensure cross functional collaboration with stakeholders across multiple
functions (e.g Design, Development, Community etc)
Experience & Requirements
- 5-7 years of experience managing projects in operations, construction, design, facilities, hospitality, administration, and/or other related fields in a corporate office space setting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Project Management tools like Microsoft Project, Wrike,
Smartsheets or other similar tools, processes and terminologies
- Proven track record of tracking & analyzing data, generating reports, including
budget and financial analysis, etc.
- Solid understanding of customer facing / hospitality industry with a focus on
member experience performance
- Experience with managing vendor relationships and working with diverse
- Working knowledge of Maintenance and Facility operations
- Good understanding of the importance of delivering projects on time, on
budget and with quality
Life at WeWork
Just as we empower our community, we believe in empowering our team to create their own life’s work. We move fast and challenge each other, but we always make sure we look out for one another. Our culture and values are what make working here rewarding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about diversity at WeWork here.
- Strong knowledge and experience liaising with internal and external partners
- Good sense of judgment and the need for urgency, when required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced agile environment, be biased to action and detail oriented
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Must be flexible to work after hours and weekends as needed