Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
As our Assistant Controller, you'll report to the Controller and work closely with cross-functional business partners and key external partners. This is a high-visibility role that will play a key part in building a world class GL team.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or U.S. Remote
As an Assistant Controller, you'll …
- Lead all aspects of the operational accounting function, ensuring complete and accurate financials in accordance with US GAAP
- Oversee month end, quarter end and year end close areas, including GL, international consolidations, and technical accounting, as well as identify opportunities to reduce the close timeline.
- Partner with the Revenue Manager on close and cross functional accounting projects
- Manage our GL accounting tech stack, and further automate where necessary. Our tech stack currently includes: Netsuite, Abacus, Bill.com, Brex, and TripActions
- Drive reporting, ad hoc projects, regulatory compliance, and annual audits
- Assist with the development, documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls for Webflow
- Assist with international expansion and transfer pricing strategy
- Manage and mentor direct reporting personnel
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn't just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You'll thrive as our Assistant Controller if you:
- Have an active CPA license and possess strong understanding of US GAAP
- Are a detail-oriented individual with a high sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
- Have experience managing an audit, month-end close and technical accounting areas
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Are passionate about building from the ground up
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Netsuite
- Have experience working in public accounting
If you don't meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying
. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role's requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow "why" and our "how":
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
- Practice extraordinary kindness
Our commitments to you
- We'll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We'll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We'll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We'll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Assistant Controller and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we'd love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check will be required in connection with this position. If required, we may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes. If your application is selected, your Recruiter will provide additional context about our background check process and will happily answer any questions you may have.