Vimeo's QA team is forward-thinking, with our skill sets extending far beyond manual testing. We believe that the quality of our customers' experience is the responsibility of everyone who works at Vimeo. The QA team's responsibility is to enable the Core Product organization to do higher-quality work more efficiently.
Our function as QAs is two-fold: to work with the Growth engineering team, manually testing all code changes, and contributing to how the QA process fits into the engineering team's workflows; and to contribute to the QA team's efforts to improve the quality of the Vimeo experience by promoting quality advocacy through the creation and maintenance of high-impact process and documentation.
What you'll do:
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Thoroughly test and validate all new features/bug fixes added to our product to optimize for quality and usability
- Effectively triage, report and resolve new issues reported by our community of users
- Strike a balance between advocating for what's right for the business and fighting for what's best for the user
- Work cross-functionally throughout the software development life cycle including design, product, data and support to find opportunities to improve product quality, and establish creative approaches to solving problems for both your users and teammates
- Contribute to the QA team's suite of test cases—adding, updating and reorganizing test cases as needed.
- Work with other quality analysts as well as test automation engineers to drive initiatives which will protect and uphold the quality of our products
- Collaborate in a diverse and inclusive team environment that is open-minded, respectful, and effective!
- Comprehension of various types of testing, including Discovery, Exploratory, Context-Driven, and Regression Testing
- Comfortability with significant autonomy as well as with testing unfamiliar, complex products in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proactive demeanor and highly-disciplined approach to work
- A deep-seated passion for advocating for our customers
- Ability to deeply understand and communicate nuance around a feature, as well as the larger product and company's vision
Vimeo is the world's leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world's largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs