The pandemic has changed our grocery shopping habits forever. Given the growing demand, Uber Grocery team is uniquely positioned to revamp current Uber's architecture to better suit grocery delivery, among many other verticals in the near future.
This team is a tight knit group of passionate and talented engineers, designers, data scientists, product managers, and account managers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and open culture.
As a mobile engineer in Uber Grocery, you'll have the unique opportunity to apply technology to solve Uber's challenges in the business world as well as have a measurable impact on the user experience of our Uber applications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Exceptional candidates are expected to have experience working multi-functionally with product managers, designers, and other engineers, building products from initial conception to testing and rollout.
- Strong experience in either Kotlin and/or Java
- 5+ years of professional experience building in either mobile platform/sdk/dev tools, or mobile consumer facing features
Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile code
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Experience efficiently collaborating on projects
- Contributions to Android community via open source
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Familiarity with principles of good user experience
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to craft products that are accessible to users with disabilities
What the Candidate Will Do
Design, architect and scale features to improve grocery and other new verticals
- Deliver ambiguous technical projects within the grocery domain
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders (e.g. external third parties, designers, PMs) to accomplish work
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing the form.