About the Role
We're looking for someone to join our Global BD team to identify new platform & growth partnership opportunities, influence our delivery strategy in the region, and manage existing global strategic partnerships.
You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on the vision and strategy of Uber's Global Business Development team and specifically our delivery strategy. The Global Business Development team's mandate covers Uber's core Ridesharing business, Delivery business, and other strategic relationships.
You will be responsible for developing, advancing, and managing key platform and growth partnerships, and crafting and executing a plan that allows Uber to:
- drive growth for our delivery business through key platform partnerships
increase merchant selection
- help build reliable platforms and foundations
improve the health of our P&L.
You have an excellent ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, as well as a strong record of driving high-value partnerships with large, important institutions across the globe, spanning both public and private sectors. To succeed in this role, you will need a keen sense of responsibility and an ability to inspire.
Uber operates in over 70+ countries and 10,000 cities globally, does 16M trips per day, have 93M active customers, and delivered $58 Billion in Gross Bookings in 2020.
What You'll Do:
You will be responsible for supporting all facets of our Delivery business, which includes consumers, merchants, and drivers.
Develop and drive the Delivery team's global strategy in concert with Product, Business Operations, Marketing, Strategy & Planning, and, Finance, including opportunity sizing and resource prioritization.
- Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact key delivery and core business objectives applying creativity and business acumen.
- Identify and effectively analyze new opportunities for Uber, ultimately making recommendations to relevant decision-makers and cross-functional stakeholders
Evaluate strategic partnerships and initiative opportunities across geographies, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses. Demonstrate strong quantitative skills by building financial models that uncover the implications of current and new opportunities financial impact to Uber.
- Drive accountability by managing your partner deals through a process that ensures cross-functional alignment and accountability. Interface and serve as a point of contact for external counterparts and beyond up to C-level executives, alongside seasoned BD professionals for complex deals and relationships.
- Lead strategic and complex negotiations to completion, engaging cross-functional teams and ensuring alignment across teams on deal terms
Manage the relationship with regional or global partners including defining the overall partner management strategy and influencing outcomes
- 8+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles at a technology company or payments company
Strong product instincts and ability to identify opportunities for Uber to leverage partners' existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Uber's Product, Operations, and Engineering organization to build world-class features for our users
Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
Experience with establishing, maintaining, and leveraging C-level relationships at partner companies.
Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
Bachelor's Degree required
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Expertise in food delivery, delivery as a service, shiping, eCommerce, point-of-sale systems
Interest in logistics, online-to-offline, on-demand services, transportation, marketplaces
- Experience working with gig-economy companies
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing the form.