Join us in building scalable features that empower users to own and enjoy a healthy experience on Twitter.
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
At Twitter we value diverse perspectives and our team is dedicated to ensuring users have the tools they need to have a healthy, constructive, and safe experience on our platform.
Who We Are:
The Heath Empowerment and Interventions team works closely with Research, Design, and Product to develop scalable product features in service of protecting users from scaled abuse, reporting violative content, and supporting product settings that help a user tailor their experience.
Our team is tasked with using components of Twitter’s architecture to build novel features to protect the user's experience. As a new team this represents a significant opportunity to contribute to early feature ideas and have your work impact millions of users and the larger public conversation.
- #exposure: Broad exposure to the core systems powering Twitter.
- #new: Ability to contribute to early or greenfield features.
- #scale: Launch and experiment with new user facing features at Twitter scale.
- #growth: Grow into your career with a new team and highly encouraging environment
Who You Are:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Coding bootcamp graduate with 2+ years experience as a software engineer
- Ability to learn new programming languages, and/or prior experience in Scala, Java, or a functional programming language
- Comfortable learning new UI frameworks and/or prior experience in React
A Few Other Things We Value:
- You are comfortable building in product features and working with distributed systems.
- You are familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation.
- You are interested in working closely with a diverse, multi-functional team: you think critically about users’ needs and can interpret those findings into features and products.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and interact effectively with others.
- You ground your decisions with data and reasoning and can adapt to new information to make informed choices.
- You bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive viewpoint to engage problems at scale.
We solve some of the industry’s hardest problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as an engineer.
Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Work, Life, Balance -
We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
Health of the public conversation is everyone’s responsibility. Expect to work with teams across Twitter to develop sustainable features to solve this problem.
Here’s all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.