Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
We are the Atlassian Team (AT) at Twitter, managing monolithic instances of Jira and Confluence (both considered "heartbeat" of the company) used by over 10000 Twitter employees worldwide. You will be joining us as a seasoned SME of the Atlassian Stack, someone who possesses years of Jira/Confluence administration, has written thousands of lines of Groovy script through the ScriptRunner plugin, and is an absolute JQL whiz. You will join a team of fellow Atlassian veterans who have been living and breathing Jira/Confluence the past decade.
You will be managing our on-premise Jira and Confluence instances, making sure they are performant at all times. You will be setting best practices when it comes to custom development, from writing a simple Behavior script to building an original custom plugin using Atlassian SDK. You will act as a technical lead in projects that we commit to internally as a team and ones that are presented to us by our customers (Twitter employees). And of course, you will also play front-line support role, catering to the various needs of Twitter users, providing answers for anything Atlassian-related.
Join the Atlassian Team at Twitter and help us build a world-class team of Atlassian SMEs!
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Atlassian Administrator (Jira/Confluence).
- Proficient in usage of ScriptRunner for Jira plugin, and well-versed in Java/Groovy.
- Have good knowledge of RESTful services, and can create custom integrations between Atlassian products and other SaaS tools (Slack, PagerDuty, etc.) using REST APIs.
- Can set best practice standards for the fellow Atlassian SMEs in the team, but also train end users.
- Possesses great knowledge of Atlassian Stack DB tables, and can easily search and join tables using SQL to retrieve the data needed.
- Thrives in the Linux environment, and has thorough knowledge of how Jira/Confluence is structured in the server.
Additional Information: A few other things we value:
Challenge - We solve some of the industry’s hardest problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as an engineer.
Diversity - Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Work, Life, Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records