Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Vendor Management Specialist to join the IT Vendor Management Office. We are looking for a professional with experience in both information technology and supply chain. The person in this role will contribute to Tech Services by assisting in the management of global IT vendor relationships, performance and compliance.To be successful, the person in this role will need to be detail oriented, possess superior interpersonal skills, be results oriented + be driven by supply chain efficiency and lean tool implementation.
Twilio is looking for an individual contributor who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of effectively managing IT vendors and internal customers. They also have:
- This position requires a minimum of three years sourcing, procurement, vendor management, project management or supply chain experience with progressive complexity and responsibility.
- Demonstrated proficiency building vendor relationships and ensuring performance management compliance is necessary, including but not limited to, driving change in vendor behaviors and dispute resolution.
- Proven collaboration, facilitation, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to articulate vendor performance and delivery with the ability to align vendor performance with strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated business acumen with knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals and strategy optimization.
- Ability to research and execute strategies to evaluate and improve vendor selection, management processes and drive cost reductions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and problem solve based upon available information
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders including internal customers, management, teammates and vendors
- Bachelor's degree required; preferred fields of study: Supply Chain, Business Administration or related field.
As a Vendor Management Specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Researches vendor management best practices, recommends internal and external policies, standards, processes and templates.
- DRAW THE OWL: Drive standardization, automation and consolidation/centralization.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in global vendor management, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, and negotiating agreement terms.
The Vendor Management Office is responsible for executing a third party vendor strategy to serve Twilio's IT needs through an efficient global supply chain. As Twilio continues to grow, it is critical that we properly manage software and hardware available to our fellow Twilions so they are better able to serve our customers. The Software Analyst position will be key in driving relevant change to business processes, leading to increased efficiencies.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Include for all Remote-US roles
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: 74,000 - 103,000
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: 65,000 - 90,000
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio's benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It's likely that you don't think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life's moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks