The Path Forward Return to Work program at Twilio is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to anyone who has at least 3 years of professional experience
and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 1-2 years to focus on caring, whether that be self care, for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Twilio, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16-week returnship program. Upon successful completion of the returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. A full-time offer will likely be based out of Denver, CO, Irvine, CA, San Francisco, CA, Atlanta, GA, or be fully remote in the US.
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking individuals to join our Customer Support organization that supports the Twilio product suite. Excellent customer service is one of the core values of our company and what our customers have come to expect and love about Twilio. We are looking for people that are technically savvy, customer focused, have outstanding communication skills, and are looking to grow with us.
Twilio is looking for individuals who live the Twilio Magic and have a deep rooted desire to provide great customer service to our customers. They also have:
- Demonstrated experience in a technical field
- Empathetic approach to troubleshooting and customer service
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, speaking and writing skills
- Quick learner, willing to take initiative, passion for applied learning in a fast paced environment
- Proven attention to detail, with the ability to quickly ramp up on new products, new technologies, and evolving customer or business needs
- Partner with Customer Success, Sales, Engineering and Product teams to resolve sophisticated problems and identify trends that could potentially have costly and far-reaching consequences
- Experience with SFDC, QuickBooks, Zuora or other financial management software and financial principles a plus
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, speaking and writing skills in English
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Log customer interactions and tag/categorize issues accordingly
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify ways for improving existing process and procedure
- BE AN OWNER: Provide product support for common customer inquiries received via the telephone, email and chat.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Assess the nature of product or service issues and resolve basic support problems
- NO SHENANIGANS: Bring up complex issues to more experienced team members
We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is essential in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Hourly Rate: $23/hrRest of Colorado:
Hourly Rate: $20/hr
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It's likely that you don't think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life's moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks