The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for versatile Software Engineers with a product-oriented mindset to join us. You're excited about the possibilities of building the tools that enable developers like you to use Twilio's services easily. Our current products include the Twilio Debugger that enables developers to easily troubleshoot their applications during development and later during operation. Enabling developers from companies across the globe to add the power of Twilio's communications and engagement platforms to their applications is what we are all about.
- 6+ years experience as a software engineer beyond experience gained while in school
- Expert knowledge of Java, and deep experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience in designing, developing, and operating services in cloud-deployed environments
- A passion for making developers more productive and are keen to create tools that will do so
- Owned and operated services end-to-end, from requirements gathering and design, to debugging and testing, to release management and operational monitoring
- The ability to communicate well- in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support teams
- Experience providing technical leadership for a team of Software Engineers
- Experience coaching and mentoring less senior engineers
- Empathy for your customers and teammates
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Master's degrees is a plus
As a Software Engineer (L4), you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & WRITE IT DOWN - Work with your team, other engineering teams, and with members of the product organization to distill internal and customer needs into requirements and technical specifications
- DRAW THE OWL - Close the gaps in requirements and build new features with a view beyond just what your team is doing, but keeping in mind the larger goals and projects of the Developer Experience business unit
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES - Architect new systems and design APIs with a focus on scalability, testability, and maintainability
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD - Resolve technical issues and blockers for internal and external customers
- NO SHENANIGANS & DON'T SETTLE - Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring. We care about what our code looks like, how it performs, and how it enables our customers to succeed, and you should too.
- EMPOWER OTHERS & BE INCLUSIVE - Collaborate, coach, and mentor colleagues on an energetic, growing team
The Twilio Communications and Engagement Platform enables companies to integrate communications services directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs with global reach and on-demand huge scale. As part of the Developer Experience Platform, the Twilio Debugger enables developers to figure out why their applications are not working like they think and to fix them so they do. The Developer Transparency team is responsible for enabling developers to troubleshoot their applications more easily, be more productive, and quickly bring their ideas from prototype to production to global scale, all on top of Twilio's elastic cloud infrastructure.About us:
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$130,000 - $180,000
$110,000 - $150,000
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio's benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It's likely that you don't think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life's moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks