Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is the world's leading customer engagement platform empowering developers to build modern communication applications and experiences. We send over 3 billion emails on behalf of our customers on a daily basis. The Infrastructure Engineering teams are building a world-class platform for Twilio's developers and production systems. We seek an inspired and technical individual to join our infrastructure leadership team. The successful candidate will lead the network engineering team who design, implement and manage Twilio's mission critical global networks and support the expansion of our datacenter footprint into the EU.
Building a platform requires people from a variety of engineering backgrounds. Twilio is looking for Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Understanding of Agile processes (previous experience a plus)
- Familiarity with developing and delivering software using Containers/Kubernetes
- A tenacity for learning - curious, and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible
- Highly effective collaboration skills - you work with your team towards common goals
- Self driven - take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get your tasks to completion
- Degree in Computer Science or similar experience
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with big data
- Understanding of AWS or other public cloud providers
As a Software Engineer, you will you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE, EMPOWER OTHERS: Work in a small, high-impact, diverse team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with the team to tackle complex problems in distributed computing
- BE AN OWNER: Build and operate your team's services in a distributed production environment; Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests.
- DON'T SETTLE, RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE:WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Your team will ship reliable features at scale that delight your customers. You help resolve technical issues/blockers as a developer on the team
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure customer trust and service reliability remain at the forefront of our priorities
- WRITE IT DOWN: Craft clear and concise documentation
- BE BOLD: Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of our most challenging problems
The Email Platform produces more than 15 Billion events/day! Continuing to evolve our platform to enable additional product offerings that provide deep insights around the health of their email program is critical to our customers and the success of their business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Irvine, CA office or remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.