Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is hiring Platform Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) for a technical role in Platform Engineering to manage the operation of Twilio's worldwide infrastructure to meet high availability, scalability, quality, and reliability goals. As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will be developing automated tooling and operational capabilities to enable real-time, low latency services for next-generation communications infrastructure worldwide.
Twilio has a strong DevOps engineering culture to develop, deploy, and operate services that millions of customers use to communicate every day. You will have:
- Strong sense of Being an Owner, Wearing the Customer Shoes, with the ability to Empower Others demonstrated through clear communication and collaboration.
- Skills to work independently with multiple global teams, developing, configuring, deploying, and operating our global infrastructure.
- Operational experience in complex distributed systems, including experience with SLO/SLAs towards high availability and reliability goals.
- Experience operating large scale Java-based systems and media services in production across multiple regions or data centers in a cloud platform or enterprise scale environment.
- DevOps experience in building tools and frameworks, with an understanding of continuous deployment processes.
- Ability to think at scale, bringing a focus on continuous delivery methodologies from design through deployment and operations.
- Experience building and managing systems with tools including Kubernetes, Chef/Ansible/Puppet, Kafka, Docker, and Terraform.
- Bachelors/Master's degree required, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps/SRE environment.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER - You will develop, deploy and operate Twilio's worldwide services based on Twilio standard procedures and guidelines, towards 24x7 availability, with high performance, scalable and zero downtime releases in our AWS environment.
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will craft best practices as runbooks to share knowledge goodness across teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: We still have problems we haven't even thought of! You'll need to recognize gaps in systems, services and processes to achieve ultimate success.
- EMPOWER OTHERS - You are passionate about collaborating across teams in order to build, test, and operate services at scale.
Twilio Developers use our Messaging, Voice, Video and Email platform to build unique communication experiences for customer interactions around the globe. Twilio's Platform Engineering team develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure to support these services.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.About us:
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio's benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It's likely that you don't think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life's moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks