Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our Segment team and help businesses use data to provide their customers with highly personalized, effective experiences that drive value. Sitting on top of Segment's data infrastructure and pipelines, Personas is the brain that provides businesses with easy-to-use yet powerful ways of applying customer data to business needs. We've recently joined forces with Twilio, the world's leading cloud communication platform that enables businesses to engage customers across all channels, from text to Whatsapp to email and we're partnering with them to build the customer engagement platform of the future. Personas sits strategically at the center of this customer engagement platform.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the vision, strategy, and execution of the ultimate culmination of Segment + Twilio - Marketing Automation - Messages. This is an incredibly unique opportunity to be a strategic leader taking a high value, high impact product to market with huge visibility and buy-in across both Segment and Twilio.
- 3+ years of product management experience driving a product from inception to market & support.
- You are a strategic thinker with a strong product sense and are obsessed with making and proving business impact. You're able to distill a lot different signals into a clear plan of action in the face of ambiguity. You are able to take new products from zero to one, proving out product-market fit and quality.
- You are a strong communicator. From pitching our leadership team on what customers need to see from our products, to spec-ing a feature with a partner, you're able to thoughtfully and clearly explain fundamental reasons behind your decisions.
- You are comfortable working with cross-functional stakeholders and drive deep customer relationships.
- You can inspire and run a tight ship, organizing a robust stream of work into cohesive, incremental releases.
- You are not just comfortable with data, you have a passion for it.
- You have a strong analytical mindset
- You have customer empathy and center them in your decisions.
- You thrive in and will grow a positive culture of inclusivity.
- You have some familiarity building products for marketers and the marketing space
As Senior Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Through interviews, understand your target users, their core problems, and validate solutions.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Work cross-functionally to ensure engineering projects are successfully launched and achieve intended business goals. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Communicate your projects internally to stakeholders, to our customers, and to our partners. Work with globally distributed teams in sales, marketing, product, support, and business intelligence. Make sure we are hearing from a diverse set of stakeholders and customers.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, communicating prioritization decisions, and delivering projects via a Scaled Agile development process.
At Twilio- Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their
customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We're in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.About us:
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.