Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio's Product Security Team is responsible for partnering with Engineering teams to build and deploy secure products for our complex global network. This involves maturing the Secure Development Lifecycle, training developers in secure practices, working with our automation team to scale security, and innovating new ways to help developers secure themselves.
Twilio is looking for interns who live the Twilio Magic and have a consistent record of learning, growth, impact, and success. They also meet the following requirements:
Bonus Points for:
- Pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of OWASP top 10.
- Familiarity with Static and Multifaceted analysis tools.
- Keen interest to perform penetration tests and code reviews.
- Experience with automation.
- Dedication to sharing experiences and good security practices with the community.
- Docker & Kubernetes knowledge.
- Experience working with Bug Bounty Programs.
- Presenting at conferences or working on open source projects.
- Experience with AWS.
As a Product Security Intern, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Shadowing Champions meetings.
- BE AN OWNER: Performing reviews (threat models/code reviews/pentests) against Twilio's products.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Triaging submissions from our bug bounty program and ensuring they are fixed in a timely manner.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build automation for security@scale.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires outstanding discipline and technical leadership. And that's where you add your perspective to the team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.