Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Pricing Analyst to be a key player in the development and implementation of pricing and packaging strategy for Twilio's growing suite of products. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Pricing and Monetization Strategy, this person will identify opportunities for new pricing initiatives and ensure that Twilio's pricing is optimized to meet our financial and market objectives. The Analyst will also support Twilio's Product and Sales leaders to bring customer-friendly, innovative pricing solutions to market. This group and function is an integral lever to accelerate Twilio's growth. It touches nearly every part of our business and is a critical to the customer experience. Join us!
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record analyzing large and complex data sets to generate meaningful pricing insights. They also have:
- 2-5 years experience with pricing in technology or telecommunications
- Degree in quantitative field (Finance, Economics. Statistics, Math, etc.)
- An understanding of financial modeling/measures, the ability identify trends and complex relationships between various real world inputs
- Ambitious demeanor, willingness to take ownership and get results
- SaaS business knowledge with the ability to understand and model the tradeoffs or decisions
- A team mentality, understanding the value of cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
As the Pricing Analyst you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze competitive marketplace and define, launch and drive operational initiatives around monetization and pricing strategy.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new packaging, segmentation and bundling opportunities to simplify sales motion and increase product penetration
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of pricing development including insight generation and recommendations through customer segmentation, price discovery, testing, and return on investment analysis.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact and collaborate extensively across all functional teams within Twilio
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Know and understand customer purchasing perceptions and behaviors, monitor key customer metrics and market intelligence to derive insights and find opportunities for evolving pricing
The Pricing and Monetization team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to utilize the pricing lever to guide company strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This role will be located in our San Francisco office. We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.About us:
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio's benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It's likely that you don't think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life's moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks