Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Partner Solutions Architect to be a highly motivated leader and great teammate to join the Partner Practice Development (PPD) team. Twilio's PPD Partner Solutions Architects (SA) work hand in hand with our largest and most innovative Consulting and Resell Partners to act as a technical resource to help enable them as they get to build Twilio best practices, lead technical workshops and onsite consultations, and be the bridge between the product teams and partners as it pertains to product updates, roadmap and feedback. The PPD SA works closely with the Partner Alliance Manager (PAM) team and serves as a technical strategic advisor to their assigned Partner, provides guidance to internal and external collaborators, and ensures the highest levels of Partner satisfaction. This role will report to the Managing Director, Global Partner Practice Development.
Twilio is looking for an entrepreneurial leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a broad range of IT and consulting experience with deep functional knowledge of Twilio cloud computing environments. Regarding culture, we seek people who demonstrate our values, enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, "draw the owl", and adapt their playbook when necessary. They also have:
- Experience driving conversations with executive business partners and architects
- A drive and the adequate skills require to support and guide our Partners
- A traditional contact center background but also significant experience with modern Web technologies including React, Node.js, as well as REST API design on modern web stacks and be comfortable with live coding
- Strong communication skills and enjoy the challenge of understanding key customer requirements and articulating the correct solution to our Partners and Customers
- The ability to mix with both business and technical audiences leading business requirement discussion, technical white boarding exercises, and coding sessions
- A desire to be curious, collaborative, and humble
- A passion for technology and technology trends particularly in relation to core platform development as they evangelize within their Partner's developer community
As a PPD SA, you will:
- Manage assigned Partner's technical engagement activities for Twilio solutions. Work directly with their partner(s) to develop joint technology adoption programs.
- Design and deliver region relevant presentations, programs, and content to their assigned Partner(s). Align with the PAM team and Twilio business partners to drive strategic corporate initiatives and objectives.
- Ensure effective and timely communications including evangelizing Twilio's ecosystem strategy & capabilities. Conduct regular cadence between assigned partner(s) and business stakeholders. Maintain dashboards that communicate to Executive Leadership the effectiveness of identified programs and investments.
- Connect the proper Partner and Twilio resources to achieve solution and enablement business plan goals. Manage Partner's expectations; negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the Partner and internal teams. Identify and proactively manage risk areas with a commitment to seeing an issue through to complete resolution.
- Demonstrate highly developed soft skills with the ability to adjust communication style based on the audience and situations. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities; at times other duties may be assigned as needed.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be part of a small and growing global team of Partner Solution Architects working closely with developers from world class organizations to build next generation solutions.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be the trusted advisor for the Partner to consult and appraise on the latest Twilio developments
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create professional presentations and architecture specifications that you will present to Partners.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS' SHOES: During your engagements you will work with Partners & their Customers to understand their requirements and map those requirements to a Twilio solution.
- Travel (post COVID era) will be approximately 25-35%
Selling the Twilio APIs and our Flex Contact Center Application Platform requires a unique set of skills. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to Twilio Partners and our customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This is a remote position where you will work from a home office, airplane, and/or a Partner site.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728 - $145,376
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio's benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It's likely that you don't think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life's moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks