Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Deal Specialist to join our Deal Strategy & Operations team to support our growing sales organizations for Public Sector, Healthcare, LATAM and Canada. In this role, you will be responsible for providing support to Twilio's Sales and GTM Operations Team in shepherding sales contracts to completion, while ensuring adherence to set contracting policies and processes. You will also have exposure to drafting sales order forms, and provide tactically strategic administrative support to Deal Strategy & Operations team and our ecosystem.
This is an exciting role for the individual to gain and expand their broad spectrum of cross functional interactions and leading non-standard end-to-end commercial agreements or Order Forms (OF). This role will work to appropriately structure the deal to be a great outcome for both the customers and Twilio!
Twilio is looking for an experienced professional who lives the Twilio Magic and has a strong background in sales, sales operations, and / or deal desk. You will be passionate, dedicated and have the ability to understand complex problems while providing explanations and solutions which are sound and clearly communicated. You will also have:
- 2+ years experience in Deal Strategy, Sales Operations, Sales, Finance, or Business Operations preferably in contracting, procurement, or billing operations
- Excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to comprehend complex written concepts
- A diligent, detail oriented skill set, able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple responsibilities at one time, while remaining extremely organized
- Eager to be a process master that helps educate, guide, and ensure that the Sales and GTM Operations Team follows the proper internal contracting policies and processes
- Ability to manage a large number of inbound Twilio or SendGrid nonstandard contract (order form) requests including utilizing nonstandard clause library
- Under supervision of manager or senior team member, collaborate with sales to create non-standard language requests for contracting (order form) in compliance with corporate policies.
- Establish trusted working relationships with team members, Commercial Legal, Billing Operations, Commercial Finance, and Sales.
- Ensure forward deal momentum while providing excellent customer service, as well as troubleshoot, advance, and resolve issues with deal velocity especially during month and quarter end.
- Advanced experience using online sales and/or document management tools such as Salesforce, Apttus CPQ / CLM, DocuSign, and JIRA
- MS-Office and / or G-Suite experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
As a Deal Specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Serve as the first point of contact to the Sales Team to answer DocuSign, Salesforce, CPQ, and CLM inquiries.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Educate and train members of the Sales and Commercial Legal Teams on contracting processes and policies to ensure smooth and timely turnaround of contract requests
- WRITE IT DOWN: Draft and review a variety of sales order forms and contracts
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: As an individual contributor, you will tackle complex OFs from start to the finishing line, ready nonstandard OFs for customer's signature
- NO SHENANIGANS: Validate bookings to ensure compliance. Find and eliminate the gaps to ensure business compliant order form creation.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Triage inbound inquiries to improve the sales organizations experience.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Manage the signature and storage process for a high volume of sales contracts.
- DRAW THE OWL: Contribute to new and update existing contract processes and training materials for the Sales and GTM Operations Teams
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and constantly evolving business. This role is crucial to the Sales Operations organization for the success of supporting our growing Japanese sales team! It is a highly visible role that supports our sales leaders with good and sound business decisions in our proposals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in the Atlanta office. We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio's benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It's likely that you don't think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life's moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks