At Trade Republic, we offer to our members commission-free access to the capital markets, which means that data is at the centre of everything we do. Our Engagement Analytics team is responsible for understanding our onboarded customers’ interactions with our products. That ranges from figuring out different usage patterns within our app to predicting future trading behaviour to doing an ad-hoc analysis on holding periods of different instrument types.
Our Analytics Engineers work closely with both business stakeholders as well as our core banking teams, transforming the raw data from our banking platform into easily digestible form, enabling stakeholders to use it via automated self-service tools and making sure that processed data is reliably transferred to other tools that need it.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Partner with Finance and Business Development teams to provide them with access to all relevant data and shape Trade Republic’s roadmap in these areas
- Build and maintain some of the most fundamental data pipelines (e.g. trades and cash movements) to ensure that they reflect the truth as accurately as possible
- Own and maintain dashboards that give insights into our performance, including the definition of clear and easy to understand metrics we should look at for measuring long-term success
- Communicate proactively with the Finance team to understand their day-to-day tasks and challenges to support them effectively
- Work cross-functional: be involved in the roadmap decisions of Backend and Product teams to make sure we provide our data perspective and are up-to-date with their plans and also work hand-in-hand with Data Scientists on more advanced topics like risk modelling
- Develop executive level insights and regulatory reports for supervisory authorities
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to answer business questions or generate data sets
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- At least 3 years of analytical experience in an environment with high requirements towards correctness and ideally also with financial data
- Independence: You execute larger projects with multiple stakeholders with little guidance.
- Business sense: You are excited about our value proposition, understand the core business challenges we are facing as a company and always think about improving it.
- Value creation mindset: You are curious about what is behind the data, and define, challenge and question the required analyses, its insights and proactively develop proposals to improve the business.
- Strong communication skills: You translate complex insights into easy to digest information towards business and technical stakeholders.
- Data modelling & testing capabilities: You are experienced in using SQL to efficiently transform raw data in easily usable data sets and create tests that ensure its correctness.
- Dashboard design: You are able to create dashboards that convey their message on point and use advanced tools for that (Looker, Tableau, …).
- Coding skills: You are proficient with at least one coding language to perform advanced analytics (Python, R or similar languages) and have sizable experience in it.
- Fluent in English
- Create an impact at Europe's fastest growing fintech to disrupt brokerage
- Grow through close collaboration within a team full of experienced and highly driven colleagues. Together, we will redefine how people invest their money
- We are a true technology company, investing all our resources in automation, technology and smart people - including attractive compensation
- Newest MacBook, Trackpad, Home Office equipment and great merchandise
- (Soon) an amazing office with own cafeteria, boat lane & 6000qm in Berlin Mitte
- Culture initiatives, e.g. weekly Meet Ups with the company, Founder Q&A sessions, coffee roulette, sport sessions, team event budget, events, fruits, amazing coffee
- Fully guided onboarding week ("citizenship week") with > 25 business & culture workshops incl. barista session & fun events
- Sponsored premium memberships at Urban Sports Club and Calm
- Corporate benefits with discounts on more than 600 brands
Trade Republic embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.