As part of the Global Workplace team, the Transportation Principal Manager will define, execute, and deliver a content roadmap to drive improvements to our commuter transportation portfolio offerings and employee experience. This leader will be expected to manage overall transportation strategy and ensure that supplier
relationships and contracts support our long-term strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for successfully managing departmental budget and negotiations at significant scale ($60M or more in total spend). This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with site managers, procurement, manufacturing, R&D, operations, and executive teams. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, adept at a variety of transportation offerings to help increase ridership adoption, mitigate site congestion, and shape commuter behavior.
The Workplace Team’s mission is to create an environment for our high performing teams that allows them to realize their true potential. Whichever group we collaborate with, we constantly push ourselves to approach challenges from first principles. Our team aligns around three pillars – Design, Build and Operate. Together we focus on optimizing the space we have, finding the best solutions to Tesla’s expansion needs, and devising and driving our long-term strategy. All of this under the guiding principle of sustainability.
- Define creative and effective transportation roadmaps and processes based on team strategy and vision
- Coordinate projects, manage budgets, proposals, and contracts throughout the Transportation department
- Lead reviews on various transportation department initiatives and present recommendations on project viability, strategy, and delegation
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Prioritize tasks and evaluating trade-offs between projects, employee experience and operational support load
- Act as liaison and champion the Transportation vision with internal partners
- Deliver, document, and circulate an end-to-end plan, including activity, dependencies, timing, and ownership
- Lead regularly scheduled departmental performance reviews with the senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Liaison with local and regional transportation agencies
- 7+ years of relevant work experience with public or private transportation systems
- Successful experience developing and delivering Operating Budgets and Capital Plans
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated success in organizational development and leading adverse workforce required
- Ability to work in a team environment and operate as a Change Agent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present in a formal setting
- Understanding of business principles and experience working effectively across
- Ability to analyze financial and operational results and develop process controls to support