The Tesla Energy Technical Operations team is looking for a passionate, collaborative, and skilled parts and warehouse coordinator to join the team to support the rapid scale and standardization of our field service personnel; supporting the expansion of our product fleet around the globe. The parts coordinator will contribute to implementing lean principles to the energy field service operations team working with Supercharger, Megapack, Powerpack, Storage and Solar at the Tesla Energy Commercial Service Innovation Center in Hayward, CA. Through a detailed understanding of the service organizations’ objectives and extensive collaboration with internal and external teams, the technician will help build and improve tools, equipment, and processes to increase overall field service efficiency, safety, and cost savings.
Tesla is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success.
- Keep a clean and transparent inventory database of tooling. This includes monitoring of various inventory & transactions reports.
- Work with the warehouse team to pull materials for shipments
- Handle RMA transactions, Inventory management, demand planning with Tesla Maintenance/ Engineering customers in conjunction with Planning, shipping and equipment returns to Spares Warehousing
- Support Maintenance in RMA creation and handoff for Spares processing
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, subcontractors, production teams and Tesla stakeholders to represent Tesla core values.
- Develop and drive process workflows that meet the needs of the organization.
- Organize and maintain files, drawings, and other documentation processes.
- Order and coordinate materials and services necessary for the repair, maintenance, and construction of building systems.
- Working knowledge of 5S principles, Work Measurement, JIT, Kanban, and Problem-Solving Methods.
- Support warehouse and logistics operations by creating fulfillment schedules that reconcile operations capacity to delivery requirements, following the allocated delivery schedule.
- Perform analysis that supports defining the roadmap for fulfillment capacity increases/change.
- Work with demand, warehousing, and logistics teams to establish & improve processes (e.g. fulfillment drops, frequencies, material transfer processes & controls) for just-in-time delivery.
- Respond to unanticipated changes—e.g. fulfillment shortfall vs. schedule or material shortages: provide information, impact assessment, and options to downstream customers and revise fulfillment schedules as needed.
- Generate and publish fulfillment performance metrics and forecasts showing risk to delivery of materials vs. demand.
- Parts Coordinator, Commercial Energy Field Service
- Help with build and storage of service tooling for Tesla Energy.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail – JIRA knowledge is a plus.
- Proven ability with Excel & Outlook to record and share information internally and with 3rd party providers as authorized
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Work experience within Logistic or Distribution center environment
- Familiarity with international outbound shipping requirements of components via common freight carriers
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or a related subject and 2-4 years of increasingly responsible facility, HVAC maintenance, controls, or project management experience, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.