Tesla is looking to hire a research technician with experience in lab and pilot plant facilities. This candidate will be a core member of an interdisciplinary materials development team that is focused on developing innovative cell technologies to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.Responsibilities
Mainly focused on cell active materials
- Analytical testing and
- General characterization of powder materials: sample preparation for SEM, ICP, Tap density, etc.
- Document data with the use of travelers and process documents
- Materials research and process development
At least 2 years of hands-on research (university or commercial) experience in disciplines related to: metallurgy, inorganic chemistry, organometallic chemistry or materials science.
- Demonstratable experience with materials synthesis and advanced analytical techniques common to materials characterization – examples: PSA, BET, SEM, XRD, ICP, FTIR, UV-VIS
- Must be able to demonstrate meticulous organizational and data management skills.
- Must have a strong sense of safety and be able to work independently or with others