The Lab Operations Engineering Fleet Coordinator will work as a member of the Test Facilities & Equipment Engineering Team within the Engineering Reliability & Test Organization.
The primary objective of this role is to assist with the overall test fleet vehicle organization, parking, vehicle placement, and disposition and vehicle logistics at the 47400 Kato Test Lab in Fremont, CA. The successful candidate for this position must have a proven record of success with driving/handling various vehicles, have a clean driving record and have an organization mindset. This candidate takes pride in their hands-on abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. They appreciate an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Managing the test vehicle inventory at the Kato Test facility. This includes organization of vehicles by test team, type of vehicle, charging needs and dedicating parking spots.
- Coordinating with lab operations management on parking lot projects and tasks as needed
- Ability to assist with creating lab procedures, processes and training material regarding the vehicles and parking lot areas of the facility
- Purchasing consumables, equipment, tools and parts as needed
- Assist with urgent work request in support of Test and Engineering efforts as needed
- Daily skilled operation of test fleet vehicles, support vehicles – Ford F250 and various trailers, and shop equipment – forklifts, EV carts and Stringo vehicle mover, as needed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla
A minimum of 2 years of valet/driving/parking lot experience required. Will also except appropriate industry experience with proof of exceptional ability
The successful candidate for this position takes pride in their abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. They appreciate an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used within a test lab environment is a plus
Ability to skillfully operate cars, light truck and various trailers, and shop equipment – forklifts, EV carts and Stringo vehicle mover is a must
Ability to follow oral, written, email, and text message instructions
Ability to communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
Ability to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
Ability to remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information and tasks
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
Experience with MS office tools (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Project), and Adobe products
Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Must have ability to lift 30 lbs.